Players are the most important people in the sport. Playing for Monifieth Ladies FC, and for the team to win, is the most fundamental part of the game. But not winning at any cost – Fair Play and respect for all others in the game is fundamentally important.
This code focuses on players involved in top class football. Nevertheless, the key concepts in the Code are valid for players at all levels.
Obligations towards the Game – a player should…
- make every effort to develop their own sporting abilities, in terms of skill, technique, tactics and stamina.
- give maximum effort and strive for the best possible performance during a game, even if his team is in a position where the desired result has already been achieved.
- set a positive example for others, particularly young players and supporters.
- avoid all forms of gamesmanship and time wasting.
- always have regard to the best interests of the game, including where publicly expressing an opinion on the game and any particular aspect of it, including others involved in the game.
- NOT use inappropriate language.
Obligations towards one’s own team – a player should…
- make every effort consistent with Fair Play and the Laws of the Game to help his own team win.
- resist any influence which might, or might seem to, bring into question his commitment to the team winning.
- respect for the Laws of the Game and competition rules – a player should…
- know and abide by the Laws, rules and spirit of the game and the competition rules.
- accept success and failure, victory and defeat, equally.
- resist any temptation to take banned substances or use banned techniques.
Obligations towards Opponents – a player should…
- treat opponents with due respect at all times, irrespective of the result of the game.
- safeguard the physical fitness of opponents, avoid violence and rough play, and help injured opponents.
Respect towards the Match Officials – a player should…
- accept the decisions of the match official without protest.
- avoid words or actions, which may mislead a match official.
Respect towards Team Officials – a player should…
- abide by the instructions of their manager, coach and team officials provided they do not contradict the spirit of the code.
- show due respect towards the team officials of the opposition.
Obligations towards the Supporters – a player should…
- show due respect to the interests of supporters.
Monifieth Ladies FC is fully supportive of this code of practice that forms part of its club constitution